Sunday, September 6, 2020

More than Just Summer's Last Hurrah

Everywhere I've gone in the course of the last few days has Labor Day Sales, from automobiles to factory outlet stores. We should all be so lucky as to have the money that all these folks want us to spend, whether we need their goods and services or not. 

That all of these places are open and in some cases have 'extended hours' to celebrate people and the work they do seems to pass without any notice of an irony deficiency on anyone's part. 

I was a member of a workforce from the age of fifteen and am fortunate (and grateful) to be retired now, though yelling at whippersnappers to stay off my lawn is nearly a full-time job. 

If you have this weekend or even just today or tomorrow off, I'm happy for you because you've earned the respite. If you have to work, all I can offer is my sincere gratitude and hope all of us will someday be someplace where any and all work is accorded the dignity and compensation it deserves.

-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...