Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Preserve Your Memories

I was wandering around on Facebook the other day, and on a friend's timeline, I saw a photo of a musician credited to someone I knew in another life, Detlef K, in Germany. After forty-five minutes of searching and googling, I found an email associated with him and shot him a note.

Yesterday afternoon he was kind enough to respond. It turns out, according to him, the photo that was posted was something he took the better part of forty years ago. Perhaps the artist was channeling her inner Dorian Grey?  Anyway, we spent a few minutes exchanging correspondence at least ankle-deep in memories and nostalgia (him not so much as he was always more of a North German and not given to sentimentality).

It's not often that I find something positive to say about social media but here I am, all positive and stuff.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...