Tuesday, December 22, 2020

How About Some Good News?

I think we deserve it and feel free to pass it along. Yesterday, which marked the official beginning of winter (boo!), was also the shortest day(light) of the year. From here until late June the amount of daylight every day will get incrementally more until by the time we're ready to start planning summer vacations (pandemic permitting) we'll be sick of all the sun (present company excluded). Or not. 

And, think of this as a Mr. Science BOGO (kinda) if you got up really early today or never went to bed last night you might have had a heaping helping a double-dollop if you wish, the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter. I was sorely tempted to stay up as I missed the last one in 1226 but you can catch some part of it through Christmas Day. Perhaps it will help you think warm thoughts for winter.  

I'll need more than just warm thoughts, to be honest with you. Winter is the reason why I don't enjoy Autumn, (<= understatement alert!) because I know what's coming next and the fact that it's been getting darker for months, and even more so and faster after we fell back at the end of Daylight Saving Time, just makes it harder to see both in the morning and in the evening. We can treat the cold and the snow as read for purposes of this discussion. 

Osage Forest of Peace
So, as somber and sobering as much of this year has been we can start to sing the seasons through as of today with a less dark and deep note as we moderate the key and alter the tempo as the changes that make up our universe enfold and unfold around us.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...