Thursday, December 10, 2020

The Limits of Her Pure Surprise

In the Sixties and Seventies, we wore blue jeans but we didn't call them that, we called them Levis, for Levi Strauss who made dungarees. Sort of like we didn't call it soda we called it Coke when you took a photo it was a Kodak or when you made a copy of a document it was a Xerox.

Levis' TV commercials were incredibly and consistently brilliant combinations of sight, sound, and narration that redefined the word cool.   

If you are waiting for a point to this meander down memory lane, sorry to disappoint you; there isn't one. I was thinking about Ken Nordine who voiced all those Levis commercials and whose identity I first learned of from my Rutgers friend, Nat, who is an artist in his own right, and now you have learned about both of them. By the way, how are things in your town?
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...