Saturday, December 12, 2020

When Truth Is at a Premium

Benjamin Franklin, the only President of the United States who was never President of the United States is credited with first saying "honesty is the best policy." He's also credited with offering 'looks like a great night for kite-flying; take my key so you can let yourself back into the house,' but no one wants to talk about that one.   

But in regards to that first piece of advice, I suspect Steven P. Murphy would say 'hell yeah!' For me, the bonus to reading a-news-from-the-newsroom-floor story like this is that I know exactly where this place is, having driven past it one day near the latter part of last week, and not for the only time.

Visually. it always reminds me of something out of a Tonio K song, "'cept it was cleaner," so I'm hoping the damage wasn't too severe or at least too noticeable from the street.
-bill kenny


 

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...