Saturday, December 5, 2020

When Edison Came to Stay

I grew up with rotary phones and rabbit ears on the backs of black and white televisions. I wanted you to have that frame of reference when I offer that, in the words of Paul Simon, these are the days of miracles and wonder.

By clicking here you can watch not only the lighting up of our city hall but see and meet a lot of the people who made the magic available. 


Here's a screengrab as best as I could do, because computers are hard for fossils like me. 

Not content to watch it on screen, I grabbed something a little larger than a screen at City Hall.



Enjoy.
-bill kenny

2 comments:

Adam Kenny said...

Beautiful!

William Kenny said...

They really knew how to build them (and restore them as well) back in the day.
Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine!

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...