Thursday, April 21, 2022

All We Are Saying....

There's more than enough awful stuff going on in the world today and every day; so much so that I for one can lose sight of the smaller things that are going wrong and/or have gone over the edge and I never even missed them until someone, usually in print in some form, brings me up short.

That's what's happening here, and not necessarily just about bees the size of canned hams (I haven't used a David Letterman reference in a long time and was afraid they were extinct as well), but pollinators of all kinds, everywhere who are having a more and more difficult time just surviving in a world we humans continue to reshape to our liking, oblivious to how much destruction we are causing.  

It's easy for me to say, especially about insects, good riddance to mosquitos, but pretty thoughtless in terms of the impact the absence of that insect would have on everything above and below it in the food chain. 

I'm as guilty, and maybe more so, as the next person of walking through life with my eyes wide shut, seeing what I chose to see when I wish to see it, and why. That, in all candor, is probably not the ideal behavior we're all looking for in the Crown of Creation.

Unless we wanna say, 'see ya later, pollinators,' and I'm not suggesting we should organize a massive bi-continental live concert, Bugg Aid, we need to get our feces amalgamated and soon.
-bill kenny

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...