Saturday, April 30, 2022

Better than an Open Window

I'm not a pet owner or parent or however you describe the relationship you might have with an animal that cohabits with you. I have enough trouble taking care of myself (ask my wife) and our two children can attest to how well I performed as The Dad in their little growing-into-adulthood-productions.

Our daughter has a cat and fish (who probably get nervous when left alone with the cat) while our son and his wife have dogs and cats. On a good day, I can correctly guess which end of their critters poop and which end is okay to pet but that's as far as I can go.  

Our next-door neighbor has two dogs, Keanu and Bruno, both of whom (but most especially Keanu,) bark vociferously at the sight, sound, and/or even scent of yours truly. Between you and me, I think it's my liverwurst after-shave. 

They, like most dogs I've even casually observed, seem to very much enjoy when they get to be passengers in their owner's car, though I've never understood if they call shotgun or take turns or have come to some other arrangement. 

The next time I see them, I will make it a point to not mention Ouka as envy in a dog can be such a sad thing to see.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...