Thursday, April 28, 2022

Forever Young?

One of the things that stayed with me from The Green Mile was the curse that a long life proved to be for the protagonist (Tom Hanks) and how sad his life became as everyone and everything he knew, had grown up with and grown old with, died, and yet he remained. 

All of that brings me to Ken Scott, biohacker, and fellow geezer. 

I just turned seventy earlier this week and I cannot claim to feel/look any different than I did a year or five years ago (and maybe even more). As a kid, I didn't know anyone at that age who is/was my age now and I still tell my face in the mirror every morning that I'm not that guy because I choose to believe I'm not that guy. I suspect I may be lying to myself.

My shirts fit more snugly because of the laundry, undoubtedly and my jeans are way more Dad jeans than I might have once preferred but that's life, I guess, right? What hair I have left is grey and, ironically, is the only aspect of my body that is thinning, and don't think the irony of that doesn't kill me but WAIT, that's not the word I meant to use. 

I always loved The Who and My Generation but now...
-bill kenny

 

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...