Saturday, April 23, 2022

Somewhere, Johnny Mercer Is Smiling

Growing up we had Coke, Pepsi, and Seven-Up. 

Oh, we had the grocery store brands, too, of course, and we always knew when cousins and other distinguished company were coming to visit because that's when Mom and Dad bought the 'real' brands and not the store brands.   

I look at the soft drink industry now and it's like watching the evolution of 'sneakers' into 'sports shoes.' There's so much churn and so much noise, I'm glad I'm old and don't have to keep track of it all because so much of it is just horseshit. And, no, I'm not talking about the taste of some of them but I suspect that's also an apt description. 

I never 'got' Red Bull to begin with and now all the permutations of all of those types of beverages have set off down the rabbit hole I suspect to never again see the light of day. Not that long ago I think I saw in a store someone selling Coke with Red Bull (and the hits just keep on comin'!). Talk about arguments for learning to not swallow.

Still don't have enough disincentives? 

How about this, the most current, eloquent argument for 'just because we can, should we?' Suspect Francis Albert would have a quibble or two with all of it.
-bill kenny

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...