Sunday, February 26, 2023

Because We Can

The older I get the more like Miniver Cheevy I seem to become. 

I start most days with a few muttered 'you whippersnappers, get off my lawn!' and other imprecations before looking out the window and yelling at the clouds. It's not much, I admit, but it makes me happy. 

Conversely what hurts my heart is when we do singularly stupid things for no other reason than because we can. 

Let me be clear: you do you, no matter what or how that looks like, and if it angers or annoys a curmudgeon like me, so what. But....in the case of a news report about the goings-on inside of Daimler Benz, all I can ask is SERIOUSLY?? 

Soon I'll be able to Tik-Tok (and when did that become a verb, by the way?) from behind the wheel of my E-Class Benz. Just how much more clever by a half are we as a species going to become before we end ourselves
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...