Friday, February 10, 2023

What's the Opposite of Small Talk?

I never really got 'the rules' of socialization when I was a kid, a teen, a young adult, or a married father of two. Explains my circle of friends and its lack of existence, And now that I'm a geezer I've decided rules are for people who don't know better.  

Leave it to New York Magazine's The Cut to offer me in 2023 what might have been useful to a gawky kid in the summer of 1963. I will point out the obvious: there are WAY TOO MANY rules listed in this article while conceding that among all the chaff, and there's a lot of that, Rule 47 is an overlooked evergreen that everyone should follow. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...