Sunday, February 19, 2023

Sort of a Funny Story...

Sort of a funny story. Went to the hospital Friday morning for a pre-registration prior to a prostate biopsy a week from Monday (all this time you've thought I was a perfect asshole; live and learn, I guess, though not necessarily both simultaneously).

Never got that far. A decline in my blood pressure landed me in the Emergency Department where hours and innumerable tests later suggested my creatinine levels were worrisome so I was awarded an overnight hospital stay and a promise of all the jello I could stand.

Funny. 
For the last two or so years I've thought having cancer was the worst thing that could happen to me and here I was experiencing another 'snatch the pebble from my hand, grasshopper' moment as it happens.

By Saturday afternoon was advised by the nurse that, despite earlier statements made by the doctor that I would be going home, a decision was made I should opt to remain overnight yet again. When I asked to what purpose and for what end, I got nothing resembling a coherent and/or logical answer to my layman's ear. 

I left AMA, which some of us recently learned means Ask Me Anything (not a motto this hospital subscribes to),  but in this case, is "Against Medical Advice." Buried in the release I signed was a veiled warning that my insurance might not pay for this hospital visit and if that is the case I am liable for the full cost. Yeah. 

Since thirty-six hours onwards all anyone seemed to know was that I needed more tests, feel free to charge me, you shiftless, gutless, talentless bastards. Oh! And have a nice day.
-bill kenny







No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...