Sunday, April 21, 2024

Deficit of Thousands of Words

I love and overuse expressions like 'a picture is worth a thousand words,' and 'a photograph can last a lifetime.' I have a dear friend since our days together on the banks of the Olde Raritan (and our evenings in places my memory can no longer recall) as well as a Facebook friend who both are gifted photographers and visual artists. 

I am in awe of their expertise and expressiveness and am somewhat chagrined as I grab happy snaps with my cellphone camera as I wander the hills and dales of The Rose of New England. But I do appreciate gorgeous visuals and have been gorging myself on a news release showcasing the winners of the Sony World Photography Awards 2024.    

To see an image before you and then use your time and talent (and whatever equipment you have on hand) to capture it for the world to see, is, if I may say so, a superpower. And deserving of far more and far better words than I could ever create.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...