Monday, April 13, 2015

...and this just in: Water Is Wet

I felt terrible having the entire chair in the living room for myself yesterday morning watching the talking heads public affairs news programs when, don't know about you, all I was using the absolute edge of my seat.

Hillary Clinton is running for President. Despite working hard on my look of surprise face, I just don't have it in me. With all due respect to Mrs. Clinton, the former Secretary of State and former Senator from the State of New York, we all knew she would run, the question was more about when she would choose to make the announcement. Glad we got that out of the way.

My heart beats on the left side of my body (was just in the shop, up on the rack and the mechanics confirmed that, among other things) and my politics tends to reflect my heartbeat. And yet all I can do right now is yawn over the menu so far here in the Miracle of Democracy Cafe.

At the risk of sounding mean (I know, "you? mean?") from what I've read, the two folks on the other side of the aisle who've already announced really don't inspire me at all (except to consider packing and also learning all the words to "Oh Canada" in case it's on the test).

This is the best we can do? Clinton, Cruz and Paul? Sounds more like a grunge band in search of a major label deal. The bad thing as far as I am concerned about the three hats currently in the three ring circus is one of them could win. The good thing about the three hats is that we have a long time yet before we have to start making serious decisions.

And, no (in case you hadn't guessed it) I don't consider any of the Trio So Far as the person we need at this point in the greatest democracy on earth. I say we should refund their money since they're just not tall enough to ride this ride, give 'em play at home games, and send 'em back to where they came from, or farther, if possible.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Honoring Honoré de Balzac

I return to this thought every year on this day because I need to remind myself that all of us, present company included, is the sum of ever...