Tuesday, December 1, 2015

My Sister, the Calendar Girl

There are instances where in this space I celebrate large events-my Yankees winning the World Series or Donald Trump inventing a Mexican Muslim with MS whom he insults and then claims he didn't but today is more quiet than riot and doesn't actually involve you unless today is (also) your birthday or you know someone, or of someone, whose birthday today (also) is.

My sister, Evan Dolores, has a birthday today. My sister, 'the boss of the dog' (as I called here when we were so small we had trouble going up and down carpeted stairs in a split-level home) has had a trying year of loss and heartache whose depth I fear she has only begun to fathom.

That she will weather that storm is a truth I hold to be self-evident and I hope together with the love of her children and grands she observes the completion of the earth's annual orbit around the sun in a manner best suited and most pleasing to her.

If you stop in here on a  regular or irregular basis (you might want to see a doctor about that irregularity and add fiber) and are wondering and worrying where this might be going, zu spat! We are there and you are here as well.

As I already told you, today is my sister's birthday and I hope she has a wonderful time. And if it's your birthday as well I probably hope you do, too, but you're not kith and kin so if you don't, you don't.

I remember a ridiculously long time ago giving someone observing a natal anniversary today a lift to see these guys back when they were amazing and, for the most part, still all got along.

Unless you are, or remember the name of, the other passenger in the car with us that night, roll the window back up and move along. Nothing to read here.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Kyrie Eleison

Today marks the start of my seventy-second revolution around the sun. To be honest, there were times this past year when I didn't think ...