Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be My Valentine


This will not thrill my wife at all. Until just now she doesn't know I kited this picture. I'm not sure how I'll explain how it wound up here, but the good news is that's not her only concern, not by a long shot.

Her husband hat kein ruhe im arsch. Her power of contemplation is matched only by her measured concentration. I am an unreconstructed child of rock and roll and a pillar of the First Church of Bruce Springsteen. To put it mildly, she is not a fan. Yet I fell in love with her the first time I saw her. I didn't know about the Springsteen Problem at that time. When I found out, it was too late, for both of us.

I smile as I type Springsteen's name because rocker that he is, he wrote a majestic and powerful song that captures the anxiety and the emptiness I feel when she and are parted that I would suggest is a universal yearning that can never be fully described but can only be experienced.

Being in love can be painful but is also (and always) rewarding. Today, of all days, I hope you have, or find, your someone who completes you and can steal the shadow of sorrow you carry in your heart as I have had done for me. "So hold me close, honey. Say you're forever mine and tell me you'll be my lonely valentine."
Fur immer und ewig.  
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...