Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Been a Long, Cold, Lonely Winter

How about an Easy Money Monday? This time last week, the streets of Boston, Massachusetts, were filled with guests and friends of runners as well as the runners themselves all there for the marathon that would cap the annual Patriots' Day celebrations. Except, sometimes life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

The town of West in Texas was still sleeping at this hour a week ago. It's been  dealing with death and devastation in the last few days and those two places aren't the only ones here, or in the world, where where terror, tragedy and trauma have taken giant strides to becoming the new normal.

I found this yesterday--that's actually a lie. Someone else on Google+ posted it and I found their posting. It was always my favorite "Beatle George" song and, as I realized again yesterday, it still is. Here Comes the Sun. It's all right.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...