Monday, July 22, 2013

Rhymes with Bucket

They say each of us has a twin somewhere on the planet. My wife, not normally known as a religious woman, has been heard to pray for the sanity of whomever has ended up with my doppelganger.

I would assume, they, too are doing what she does, leaving me to wonder what the shelf life on effective prayer must look like as it's done her no good, at least so far.

With the heat of the last week just barely in our rear-view mirrors, I was struck yesterday by an image I came across on line, actually on Google + by Jamil Nabi, not someone I'm likely to encounter on the streets where I live as he and I seem to be on opposite ends of the planet.

I know this image, without having been in this place, because it, too, has a twin.


I was thinking I was looking at a picture of Lorelei, Sankt Goarshausen in the Rhein Palatinate of Germany, on the way to Koblenz along the Rhein River. Jamil's image is of a small, nearly microscopic, city in Austria, Hallstatt.

I've spent many hours in the former and have yet to make my way to the latter but now that I know of its existence I have something cool and refreshing to think about on a hot morning when toiling on my exercise pad in the basement or waiting for the sun to be finished baking out my brains as I imagine somewhere I've never traveled.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...