Monday, December 23, 2013

(It's Great to Be) Back on Broadway

I watched for the first time yesterday afternoon Disney's A Christmas Carol that featured the voice of Jim Carrey. It was made a number of years ago and some tart and unkind things were said about it at the time of its release.

I have no idea if those comments were merited but would note they came at a mid crest moment in that wave of the "Boy, We Are Sick of Jim Carrey in Everything" critical backlash (that sort of started with The Cable Guy and took on a life of its own), fueled and fed by the fact that the Disney folks had bankrolled it.

That said, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Okay, I was a little sore from muscle groups that had previously been along for the ride still recovering from a session in the fitness center and the couch in the living room was accommodating and inviting. But still.

It was as true to what I understand of the Dickens' tale as anything else I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of this stuff in plus decades on the orb except for my very favorite treatment which is no longer shown on TV but is available here.

I hope you find the time to enjoy it uninterrupted between now and Christmas Day because it's as close to a gift as I could find for you and, without ruining it for you, I should tell you there's no such thing as razzleberry dressing. Sometimes being an adult is a terrible waste of childhood.
-bill kenny

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...