Friday, December 20, 2013

I Am Going to Take Great Care with the Brussels

I have lights in every room of my house, but have little appreciation for Michael Faraday and Joseph Henry's theory on dynamic transmission of electrical energy. As long as when I flip the switch the light comes on, I'm a happy camper. And when it doesn't, I flip the switch repeatedly because I have no other trick I can do.

The same thing is true with its assemblage of electrons and codes. I have no idea how the things I type here on my computer end up OUT THERE where you are. Not only do I now know, I have just enough intelligence about life on earth to recognize that it makes no sense if I know or not.

I can't see air, but breathe it. I have no idea what gravity is but I can feel it. My acquaintances (I have no friends) assure me I have no sense of humor and I smile at the surprise awaiting all of them at my wake. Turns out I do have patience. Who knew?

Anyway. Here's the thing about Blogger which is how this stuff appears everyday as if by magic without being magic. There's all kids of stuff that goes on backstage that when you shut your eyes as resolutely as I have for all these year (I've been at this for twenty-seven years without surcease; I do know what hyperbole means, if that ever comes up) about which you never know.

Yesterday, I found out. Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to b--sorry, wrong reverie. What I meant to type was I wound up in the engine room of all this blogger stuff and came across a compilation of comments since I started writing this that the machines behind Blogger consider to be spam. C'mon, you knew that was coming. Much of it reads like machines talking to one another, take a gander and see if you agree.

"You strive disregard would fix than they are near you. After his reciprocation from Rome, Undertake couldn’t discover his gear in the airport baggage area. I'm a believer in punctuality though it makes me lonely. Funny things to write on car windows.

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and then success is for sure. Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone else. I am not certain if I agree to be the victor of former arguments. A man falls in love just as he falls downstairs. By accident.

"If you want to avoid seeing a fool you must break you mirror. Actors are the only honest hypocrites. And soon became the Pittsburgh Pirates of the National Hockey League. Live webcam weddings. I could not refrain from commenting. I give birth to interpret a few of the articles on your website trendy, and I unqualifiedly like your tastefulness of blogging. Cheers."

Right back at cha. Love among the ruins.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Eleven Years On

I'm reprising something I wrote years ago on this date because there was nothing else to write but the words of the next paragraphs. And...