Thursday, February 6, 2014

One Remembers One's Perseverance

Maybe the universe with all due respect to the scientific method is a clock which leads me to assume (if I know what's good for me) I should make sure to capitalize the c in Clockmaker (there's no need to gratuitously antagonize Omnipotent Beings, right? Mom raised crazy children, not stupid ones).

This Sunday is the fiftieth anniversary of The Beatles' appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, and last Monday the surviving members, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, a/k/a the greatest rhythm section in the history of rock and roll (I'm sorry, Charlie and Bill) performed at the Grammy Awards with the widows and families of John and George smiling in approval.

I spent, along with most folks on the Eastern Seaboard (a much larger slice than memory would indicate used to do this) a great deal of yesterday digging out from the snow we got in the Northeast. And sometimes to close to no avail as the next storm follows and we begin again.. I can always use the exercise I suppose, though biting people's heads off and jumping to conclusions has kept me young all these years.

Taking a break between snowflakes and wondering why my snow shovel didn't take pity on me and break (we have a snow blower-and it, too, got a workout) I fell across a marvelous quote about life in general and the shifting of the seasons in particular from Yoko Ono that I hope will carry you through the rest of today.

“Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence. Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance. Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance.”


It's sure been a cold, cold winter.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...