Saturday, July 9, 2016

Greetings from Battle Creek!

I may have mentioned this before and if not, try to find it in your heart to forget me (if forgiveness is too hard), but I have cereal every morning for breakfast and the only other thing in the bowl with my cereal (usually Cheerios) is my spoon. 

Yep. You read that right. No milk, no bananas, no strawberries, no cinnamon, no sugar tonight (sorry, Burton, couldn’t resist). Just dry cereal. I’ve eaten it that way my whole life, so far. I’m not planning on changing any time soon(er or later) but whatever will be, will be.

Bob M., a boss I had in Germany, was a former associate at Ogilvy & Mather, a legendary worldwide advertising firm. He would tell stories about trying to introduce American dry cereal to West German breakfast tables in the early fifties and how too often for his taste, the families enjoying US cereals poured orange juice on them and dug right in. I can still see the look of quiet incredulity on his face as he told that tale, and then his face at first just ghostly turned a whiter shade of milk.

Anyway, consider all of that prologue for all of this.  

Custom or Commerce? Whole grain or pure profit? It’s hard to determine in the short term and who has time these days to measure twice and cut once? I’ve got nothing to say, but it’s okay, “Good morning! Good Morning!” 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...