Sunday, July 2, 2017

Roller Skates and Baseball Bats Are Summertime Things, Right?

This is one of these 'torn from the headlines' items that, as the pretend adult I am, I'm supposed to counsel 'don't try this at home, kids!' except...it happened at home and it was kids, albeit from a long time ago (but I saved it because I loved it). Aside from that, no resemblance to reality, implied or expressed is intended.

This is sort of the fault of my late friend, Bob H because he sent me the original item in the middle of a busy workday (of which I have many, as opposed to a productive work day of which I have very few) but I was so busy, I really didn't read it and it didn't sink in until more than a couple of days later. That guilt might be a reason why I hang on to it still, and the headline still makes me shudder: Teenagers mistakenly assault woman's sex partner after they mistook her screams of passion for cries(I added the red for dramatic effect.) After reading the story you too will wonder why people despair for the next generation! 

I will very probably never meet Torrington Police Lt. Bruce Whiteley, but if anyone has Joe Friday down better, I'd sure like to meet them. In describing what had happened, this is his ENTIRE summation, "Swanson and Arnold had not been fighting." Yeah, once you've read the article, that conclusion just jumps out at you. 

I think the young Mr. Roger Swanson should be very grateful he hadn't planned on a day-night doubleheader. And whoever said 'safe at home' has certainly never been a gentleman caller of Ms. Melanie Arnold's.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...