Friday, February 16, 2018

Seek Solutions and Stop Offering Solace

We've been here before. Quite frankly, we've been here too many times, about a dozen and a half in just this calendar year. Lots of disbelief and incredulity as it unfolds followed by shock and sadness as the aftermath 

But the carnage and the killing doesn't seem to stop. Hand-wringing, recriminations, and remonstrance aren't getting it done. Neither are hopes and prayers

Here's the deal: What if a disease, a scourge, a plague of some kind, be it bubonic or harmonic, was maiming and killing our children indiscriminately while they were at school? Do you think we might investigate what is happening, look at causality and consequences and work together to not only understand what we were doing to one another but to stop it? 

I get the Second Amendment advocates but I'm also looking for some help in securing 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' and we have to find common ground on guns and violence before we end up burying one another in the ground from all of it. 

I'm not an expert and I'm not sure we have enough smarts yet on all the issues that we conveniently slap together and call 'gun control.' We don't know what we don't know, but we can make a start and a good place to do that is by repealing the Dickey Amendment so that the Centers for Disease Control can do the job they were designed for and, help us to heal ourselves because there are too many home fires burning and not enough trees
-bill kenny

No comments:

Pack Your Own Chute

I have been pretty much a homebody since retirement six years ago. Sue me. I like to sleep in my own bed. That doesn't mean I'm aver...