Sunday, July 22, 2018

In Case I Wasn't Already Going to Hell

This is from many years ago, practically before I was born but not quite. At the time I thought I was being incredibly witty and urbane though in retrospect I don't know why. 

A recent survey of indeterminate origin indicated that while 35% of Americans surveyed can name ALL the ingredients of a Big Mac, only 14% can name all Ten Commandments. Almost 30%, however, did know that 'not covet thy neighbor's wife' is a Commandment, so it's NOT all bleak as long as no one wonders why so many MORE would know that commandment, I guess.

I'm wondering, based on the survey, if established churches will set up drive-throughs and take-out windows. Would you like fries with that Act of Contrition? Supersize those Hail MarysAmen on a sesame seed bun with Hallelujah Honey Barbecue Sauce.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...