Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Sunrise and Shine Services

Not sure why I haven't noticed it before now but driving home yesterday after dropping a rent check for our apartment off with our landlord, I passed a sign for (I think) an Episcopalian Church with a sandwich board out front about their Sunday Summer Services Schedule. I'm assuming it's different in some way from their non-summer Sunday services schedule, otherwise, why the sign? 

Traffic was moving too briskly for me to pull over and get a picture on my cell phone of the sign, lest you doubt my veracity (it's not like I'm Pantload45, the Prevaricator in Chief, but still I'll admit that's really low bar to have to clear) but I saw it elsewhere at other churches and denominations as I drove.

Point in fact, once I looked for it the more of those signs with schedule changes I saw. Raised as a Roman Catholic I'd assume there might be a case made to publicize the schedule shift perhaps with doves ascending and tongues of fire as well as a booming voice announcing the summer hours for services, though in my faith the booming voice would best be reserved for calling Bingo numbers.

Meanwhile, I have an image I cannot shake, so I'll infect you with it as well so I have company in Hell of God the Father sitting in a chaise lounge somewhere, pool-side, wearing cargo shorts with a print shirt, sipping an umbrella drink and next to Him, sharing an umbrella, Jesus, with a wife-beater tee-shirt that reads "I'm With Him" but it's lined out and reads instead "I AM Him."   


-bill kenny

         

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...