Monday, August 20, 2018

The Horizon Seems to Disappear

The summer is shrinking as the daylight diminshes. The latter has been happening since the Summer Solstice but we barely noticed until right around now on our calendars when we look around frantically for the hours we thought we had but don't.

I'm almost two months into retirement and am past enjoying the question about how much I like it since I never know how to answer because it all still feels like a long vacation. Maybe when the kids head back to school next week I keep telling myself, I'll start to focus on whatever life is left and decide what to do about it, except at almost half past sixty-six years of dawdling and doddering along that has yet to ever happen and I am not sanguine at the chances for this time either. 


As a kid, I used to turn to the back of the school book to get to the quiz and find out the answers. I'm no longer in such a rush to turn the pages. I guess that's called wisdom but I'm still not sure if the price I've paid is worth the cost.
-bill kenny         

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...