Friday, August 31, 2018

Too Much Aggravation

I use Google as my browser (as opposed to God is my Co-Pilot) for much of my on-line spelunking (don't tell Pantload 45 or he'll cry (louder)) though on many occasions I do cruise through some neighborhoods with Microsoft's Edge.

When I'm using the latter I come across stuff that sometimes proves to be more click-bait than worthwhile but this one's title, "100 Slang Terms from the 20th Century No One Uses Anymore," caught my eye, and its content held my interest. 

Mom used to use "cruisin' for a bruisin'" and in the days of the old school-yard we used to beat feet to get away from the sixth graders at recess, but much of the terminology amused and bemused me (even the stuff, surprisingly before my time) or, in by-gone parlance, really razed my berries.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...