Thursday, March 21, 2019

Equinox Arrives

Spring started on the East Coast shortly before six last night, so this is our first full day and no matter the weather I intend to enjoy it, possibly despite myself.

Many years ago when we were renting an apartment in the house we bought last fall, my wife planted an amazing variety (and quantity) of different kinds of flowers, annuals, perennials, bicentennials, etc. And then landscapers the house's owners hired showed up and covered everything she'd planted with I-don't-honstly-know-what but as a result, all of her flowers disappeared.

Well, almost all. On the left side of the house, as you face the street, where there's sun most of the day from early until late, two crocuses still make an appearance.


Or, at least this early in the Spring, as I like to think of it, a statement.


-bill kenny

     

No comments:

In Case You Skipped this Space on Saturday

Many of us refer to the World Series as the Fall Classic, while for others, autumn is a time to watch professional football on television ev...