Friday, March 29, 2019

For My Next Trick, I'll Need a Volunteer from the Audience

I'm smiling as I type this because the event I'm anticipating is most of the day away from when it will happen, but tonight my Lady Love and I will enjoy the musical stylings of Willie Nile, whose career I first stumbled upon while I was in Germany and he was being marketed by his then record label as the next "New Springsteen" along with Elliot Murphy and a half dozen or so of others.  

He, better than so many of the others, managed to overcome that marketing kiss of death and has had for the much of the last three-plus decades a very fulfilling career that has him pledge fund to finance new albums which he releases pretty much through his website and then tours to support those releases and to increase interest in his next project. 

Sigrid, whose reaction to seeing Bruce Springsteen all those years ago I've chronicled in this very space, agreed to go to the show in Hamden with me because she loves me and I'm hoping after the show the tense of the verb is still accurate

I'm pretty excited about this whole evening, what with the live show and my best girl and staying up after my bedtime (I hope) and getting home safely. And a thank you to Eagle-Eyed Lee H for passing along the tour information. (Gotta get me one of those top hats.)
-bill kenny     

No comments:

Call Me Ishmael

Somedays surfing the web is like trying to talk to Queequeg without staring at his tattoos.  I, for one, did not realize Hermann Melville wa...