Thursday, March 28, 2019

We're Born Again

The older I am the better I was, in just about every way imaginable. 

I believe in a few more years I'll be regaling passers-by with tales of my youth from when I was a Cy Young Award-winning pitcher, an astronaut, while also serving as a President of the United States. But today, you're in luck because my calendar doesn't stretch that far. 

I have waited for this day since about a half-hour after the last out of last year's World Series was recorded and it didn't arrive a moment too soon. Today is the day that whomever you root for starts out in first place in the standings, just like my team, even if we root against one another. 

How can this be? Because today is Major League Baseball's 2019 Opening Day, this is the day Abner Doubleday (historians be damned) has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it. Play Ball!


-bill kenny

2 comments:

Adam Kenny said...

One of my favorite days of the year and one that I, as you do, look forward to all winter. Enjoy!

William Kenny said...

Ha! I'd have responded sooner but I had baseball gloves on both hands just in case a foul was hit while I was asleep and I had to get the gloves off before I could type.

Call Me Ishmael

Somedays surfing the web is like trying to talk to Queequeg without staring at his tattoos.  I, for one, did not realize Hermann Melville wa...