Saturday, March 16, 2019

This Much Madness

Some events freeze the blood in your veins, the prayer in your heart and the hope in your soul. The murderous rampage by a white supremacist of Muslims in prayer in their mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, is just another in an unending series of unspeakable acts we insist and persist in inflicting on one another. 

I have had the opportunity to visit factories of death, former Nazi concentration camps devoted to the "Final Solution" of the 'Jewish Question' in Dachau and Bergen-Belsen, so I am more than aware that evil is alive in our world and that we must oppose it every day in every way.

I will NOT waste one second of the time I have remaining on this earth attempting to understand any aspect of this hateful animal's logic or reasoning. I often question the existence of God, especially at moments like this, but I never doubt that the Devil exists or that Hell is real because assholes like the Christchurch Coward are most certainly going there. 

I have to fall back on words, not my own, but those of Marianne Williamson and hope that today and all the days which follow prove to be better than the ones we've had. 

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

"We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you."
Strive to be an exclamation and NOT an explanation.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Call Me Ishmael

Somedays surfing the web is like trying to talk to Queequeg without staring at his tattoos.  I, for one, did not realize Hermann Melville wa...