Monday, March 4, 2019

Wow

Where I grew up some people called this Shrove Monday (because tomorrow, the day before Ash Wednesday is called Shrove Tuesday, and we just don't have a whole lot of originality in my faith sometimes) but some know it as Rose Monday and/or Collopy Monday. 

Between you and me, I've never heard anyone call it Collopy Monday but I don't get out much anymore. Or ever.    

I started watching this skit because the comic does a riff about two and half minutes in about  'conversion to Roman Catholicism' that rang a lot of bells in my head but then he kept building and getting funnier and funnier (watch the band behind him as they start to lose their stuff laughing, it's great). 

And at least in my neighborhood, we always needed a good laugh before we got to Lent.
Can I get an Amen?
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Call Me Ishmael

Somedays surfing the web is like trying to talk to Queequeg without staring at his tattoos.  I, for one, did not realize Hermann Melville wa...