Sunday, July 14, 2019

But Not Nearly as Silent

We had a lot on our plates for the last week or so as Sigrid organized the reorganization of our apartment as both of our baby birds have flown, some longer ago than others. We had to move all of my albums and there are thousands of them (no lie) and hundreds of compact discs, all the cabinets to store them all alphabetically and chronologically and the devices to play them from the living room to what she took to calling the 'man cave' which was previously Michelle's room and before that Patrick's. I think 'the den' is a better choice, but a rose by any other name...

After we got through with that there was all of the stuff she had always wanted in the living room but never had the room for to fill up the room and when she got all through, it looked really terrific and a bit like something from the pages of a magazine.

And in the middle of all of this, there was the wedding of our son to his bride, Jena, not that we had any lifting to do with that (for which I'm grateful). By Saturday's dawning, my goal was, as the online meme says, to be as useless as the G in lasagna. I think I nailed it. 

I spent yesterday with my first 'there is absolutely nothing we need to be doing today' day in quite some time and I took full advantage. However the trouble, I discovered with doing nothing is it's very hard to tell when you're done. Maybe I'll figure it out today. Or not.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

All Due Respect for Art's Sake

From my earliest days as a short-pants, no romance little kid, I read National Geographic Magazine.  I could be transported anywhere and eve...