Friday, July 17, 2020

Sir Raymond Is Right

I got up Wednesday morning intending to cut what's left of our grass that hasn't been melted or fried in the heat but an hour's worth of wrestling with the growing-more-balky-by-the-moment gasoline-powered lawnmower convinced me it was time for a new gameplan.

I motored to one of the big box hardware stores and purchased a battery-powered lawnmower (I had intended to replace the gas-guzzler with an electric but was hoping to get one more mowing season than I did) and eventually trimmed the lawn and felt frazzled from a day that was all uphill.

Yesterday was all blue skies and high cumulus clouds with just enough breeze to make you smile and my plan for the afternoon was to enjoy it all. and so I sat on our front porch and admired Sigrid's hanging flower baskets and the way the breeze caused them to swing and sway

It was one of the better Thursdays I've had in recent memory.
-bill kenny


No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...