Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Logic Eludes Me

I'm rarely mistaken for the sharpest spoon in the drawer, and I've reached an age where I wear that derision with as much dignity and grace as I can. So when I look at two competing realities attempting to coexist in the same universe I wonder what I'm supposed to do. 

Here's what I'm talking about:  


I am sort of lying about the 'wondering what to do' part. I know exactly what to do; vote the bastards out on the 3rd of November. And you should, too, but check here first to make sure you're registered to vote. And then count down the days.
-bill kenny

2 comments:

Adam Kenny said...

Headline on an above-the-fold, front-page story in this morning's "Courier News", to which my father-in-law subscribes: Millionaire child sex offender [Steven Bradley Mell] seeks prison release due to COVID-19 risk. Poor guy has a co-morbidity or two and fears catching COVID-19 from a fellow inmate at Allenwood Federal Prison in White Deer, Pennsylvania.

My heart just breaks for him. Actually, it breaks for the good folks risking their own health every day to guard Mr. Mell and his band of behind bars brothers. He's a rich, white convicted sex offender serving his sentence in a minimum-security prison. Methinks the Federal corrections system has done him all the solids it might owe him.

William Kenny said...

In that same vein, I'm always taken aback at the number of us who can hold contradictory thoughts and attitudes on the 'essential workers' upon whom we rely every day. Not just the doctors and nurses but the checkout clerks at the groceries, the fast-food restaurant, the UPS or FEDEX (or USPS) carrier, and a thousand more.

We clap for them at seven o'clock every night or put a lawn sign with a heart on it out front but when we talk about elevating the minimum wage to a living wage of 15 or so dollars an hour, it's like talking to an oil painting.

Jeff Bezos through neither fault nor effort of his own has added about 20% to his estimated wealth since COVID-19, but Amazon stopped paying bonuses to its employees at the end of May and still doesn't offer health insurance to many recent hires. SMH....

Still Waiting on My Pony Ride

Today is the 150th running of the " Fastest Two Minutes in the Whole Dam World or Something Like It ."  It's Kentucky Derby Da...