Sunday, July 11, 2021

Ennio Morricone Would Approve

I don't watch a lot of movies but the ones I do watch I will drop anything else I'm doing when I come across them on TV and enjoy them. Whether they've just started or are rolling end credits, it makes no difference. You would never confuse me with Gene Siskel except maybe for the eyebrows. 

I love Clint Eastwood movies provided they are either High Plains Drifter or Dirty Harry. All the ones he's received nominations and awards for as the brilliant characters he's played and directed for the last three or so decades? Haven't seen any of those. Kein Lust. I think I prefer him as the cowboy because of the theme music in the movies. Here's some stuff about that I didn't know and now you do. 

As a pre-teen I was fond of what in the music industry was called a one-hit-wonder, I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman by Whistlin' Jack Smith long before I knew anything about Kaiser Bill and as a small child, I had been treated to endless renditions of this Disney ditty.

So maybe I'm just whistling in admiration as I marvel at this skill and talent and hope Molly Lewis is on the threshold of public acclaim she most assuredly deserves. And I'm not just Whistlin' Dixie when I say that.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...