Monday, July 26, 2021

Passing Through

The older I get the more I fall back on the wit and wisdom of the music I listened to as a young teen. It started as inspiration and is now more or less solace.

I am more than an Anglophile, I am a fanatic Anglophile, so yes I have all the albums The Beatles ever released. In the USA, as well as all the UK releases and European pressings, too. 


Ditto for the Stones, The Kinks, and just about anyone else who wandered across the bridge built from Old Blighty from the fall of 1963 through the Summer of Love. I work hard to listen to 'new' stuff though if I were honest (a rarity and less frequent these days) I'd add 'to me' to the descriptive since I skip over all the MTV stations on my television as most of whatever they offer is beyond my comprehension and often beneath my contempt.
 
If I were to be totally candid much if not all of the new(ish) music I do listen to is from performers and bands who remind me of the favorites I had growing up. And I suspect I'm not alone in that.

I'm mindful of Jethro Tull's admonition about Living in the Past but it's the only way I know how as life in the future can prove to be both a bit trickier than advertised and more difficult to do well enough.
-bill kenny


No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...