Tuesday, August 10, 2021

For All the Sons and Daughters of ....

Almost all of my family, from our daughter and son (and their significant others), through my brothers and sisters to their spouses and children, have beach sand on their soles and in their souls. 

My wife and I live in Norwich, Connecticut, on the Thames River that empties into the Long Island Sound and which eventually finds its way to the Atlantic Ocean. As retirees, we day-trip on various three-hour water taxi junkets (neither Alan Hale nor Bob Denver has yet to make an appearance, so fingers crossed (which makes it hard to type)). 

Much of my family lives in places like New Jersey, where DTS, needs no further explanation, as well as in Virginia not all that far from the Atlantic and various points of interest in Florida where the thread of commonality includes the smell of salt in the air and the sight of seagulls circling overhead.  

I thought of them when I found this

Adam and Margaret's Beach, August 2017

As E. E. Cummings once offered, "For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...