Wednesday, December 1, 2021

A Different Theory of Relativity

Today is my oldest younger sister's birthday. 

I sometimes find it hard to keep track of all of my siblings' birthdays but it happens most especially with hers because I, myself, was so young when she was born. Of course, I concede she, too, was young at that time, and has probably remembered it just fine, thank you.

When we were very small (heads at about the height that whacked dining room tables when you cut corners too closely as you ran around the house) I used to call her "Boss in charge of the Dog." I don't think I ever actually did that in front of the dog, or better phrased, dogs, as from the earliest age, she was an animal lover while I only liked them at mealtime usually with mustard and pickle relish.

It's been a long time since we were that small (though emotionally I've reminded one of the tinier people you'll ever meet) and changes, both good and bad have happened as they do along the way and sometimes even in the way in the journey from there to right here and now. 


Evan has a lot on her plate these days (indeed, who doesn't, right?) and enough wishes and worries, hopefully in equal number to allow her to sail through the holiday season all the way into the next and New Year. 

Where (and when), fingers crossed, even better days await. Happy Birthday, Evan!
-bill kenny

2 comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...