Friday, December 17, 2021

Returning to Shakespeare's Larger Point

Disclaimer: I lived in Germany for over fifteen years and I'm married to a Deutsche Mädel

I love many (more aspects) of her country and culture, as I remember it from thirty years ago, than I sometimes do my own, however, that's not always the case, especially in terms of litigiousness (assuming that is even a word).  

We've seen the world change within and without us because of COVID-19, and no one I fear is completely comfortable with how much more (or little) change may still be in store for us. Not just me, I'm sure, but the definition of normal seems to change on an hourly basis. 

I'm retired now but before I was I had the opportunity, thanks to my employer, on more than one occasion (knee replacements, heart valve stents, and the like) to be able to work from home.

Cynic that I am, I suspect everyone on the top floor of the building where my office was used to pray that I would work from home just for the peace and quiet they enjoyed. And to this day those assholes are still surprised they don't get Christmas cards from me. Tangent over. 

Meanwhile in Deutschland, Ich arbeite heute von zu Hause hat jetzt eine ganz andere Bedeutung, wenn jemand verletzt wird. 

Vorbehaltlich Ihrer Fragen ist endet hiermit mein Briefing.
-bill kenny



No comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...