Monday, December 13, 2021

So, No Film at Eleven?

I purposefully strive to NOT spend a lot of time worrying about things I cannot control. I'm grateful we have an autonomic nervous system to handle things like respiration because that's definitely something I'd lose track of and end up going to sleep and not waking up. Hold your applause.

I live in a house with all the electricity (I think) that I could ever need but have only a cursory understanding of Faraday's Theory of Transmission to serve as the foundation for why when I flip the switch the lights come on in the house. It has served me well and I'm fine with what I already know and have no desire to expand my college of knowledge in this area. 

I have a greater appreciation for, though an even smaller understanding of, aerodynamics that enables craft much larger and longer (and heavier) than school buses to fly tens of thousands of feet above the ground and through the air. Until a moment ago when I came across this, I'd never even pondered/worried about colliding with birds.  

Somewhere, I sense Dick Orkin is smiling while enjoying a bucket of chicken.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...