Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Ariel's Next Car

The Germans have a word for it: schadenfreude; rejoicing at the misfortune of others. It's a state of mind not just confined to Germans as we both know. 

I mention the term because I love the way it rolls off the tongue and because it came to mind when I read as the conclusion to an about month-long soap opera of sorts (unless you were waiting dockside for your ride) about "Burned Cargo Ship Carrying Luxury Cars Has Now Sunk." 

There are few things in life we Americans love more than our cars (and/or trucks), so I appreciated reading the estimated value of lost vehicles is north of  $355 million (I'm assuming that's Due North, and not Kanye and Kim's kid), while also knowing that for many of the near-owners of the lost vehicles, there's no price tag on the hole in their hearts. 

Though Sebastian, Scuttle and I are wondering if the windows are rolled up, might one of the Aventadors be salvageable? Flounder has already called shotgun.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...