Saturday, March 26, 2022

I Gotta Automata

I'm of an age, without older brothers and sisters, that I grew up believing The Beatles invented rock and roll music. Not really, perhaps, but at least in spirit and in my opinion. Elvis went into the US Army before my eighth birthday and returned to civilian life shortly before I hit double-digits and I'd had NO knowledge or interest in him as a wee slip of a lad. And between us, if he had hoped Do the Clam was the song that would hook my ear, sorry, no

Somewhere I still have the first record Mom ever bought me, Danny and the Juniors' At the Hop, though the only reason I suspect she got it was that I drove her crazy yammering for it. 

When The Fab Four hit our shores, via the Ed Sullivan Show on Sunday nights, I was primed and ready to go. Farewell, Jackie Mason and the Borscht Belt humor, Maria Callis singing operatic arias, and even Ed himself interacting with Topo Gigio. Oh, Eddie! 

It was John, Paul, George, and Ringo and it will be a long, (c)old, lonely winter before it will ever be anyone else ever again. Come Together.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...