Sunday, March 20, 2022

Save Me the Pillow

I've heard of, though never watched, the movie, Snakes On a Plane. What I also had no knowledge of is that snakes are the most common nightmare worldwide.  

Of course, that's worldwide. Here in the Land of the Round Door Knobs, you might think it would be about not finding enough gas to fill the tank of your monster truck that averages 15 miles per gallon of high test, surprise! you'd be wrong. Here in the USA, the #1 topic of nightmares is teeth falling out

As you can see on the chart the next nine most nightmarish nightmares are pretty familiar to most of us and run the gamut from snakes, ex-spouses, spiders, weddings, sex, and bears. 

I'm wondering if the researchers awarded double points for those who'd had a nightmare about their ex-spouses' teeth falling out after being chased on vacation by a spider riding a snake at a wedding having had sex with a bear. I believe technically this is called the Yahtzee! Alptraum. 

And you thought it was just Macbeth who doth murder sleep? Dream on!
-bill kenny

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...