Monday, March 7, 2022

Only Ankle-Deep in Repentance

You'll have to forgive me, or more specifically my evil twin, Skippy, who is my Imp of the Perverse as Edgar Allan Poe so aptly described (his; not mine). Not really surprising when you look at his body of work. After all, he also had a tell-tale heart in addition to as we all know, a raven with a limited vocabulary. 

Anyway. Not quite a week into the Lenten Season and I found just the report to take your mind off of whatever you're giving up, 2022's Most Sinful States in America, and, shame on you in advance, they are ranked pretty much as you thought they'd be (I keep an open mind on such matters).  

But, scroll down a lot because there's a butt-ton of other factoids on Life in these United States that I found fascinating to include most and least violent crimes per capita, highest and lowest average time spent on adult entertainment sites, and highest and lowest percentage of adults NOT exercising (not as much of a correlation between those two as I might have thought, except for Arkansas. What's that about?).  

We always associate Crockett and Tubbs with Miami Vice, probably because Idaho didn't look right on the marquee.
-bill kenny

2 comments:

davearms said...

Wow. Got stuck trying to get through "Imp of the Perverse" by Edgar Allan Poe.

William Kenny said...

The Cask of Amontillado gives me the creeps to this very day.

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...