Friday, March 4, 2022

Future's So Bright

I'm old enough to remember when there was a widespread belief and genuine hope that the convergence and connectivity of computers and communications, resulting in the creation of the Internet, would elevate us, intellectually (and perhaps ethically and morally as well). 

Wow. Talk about 180 out. 

Here's just a more recent example I've found of how as a species we are so headed in the wrong direction it would and should be frightening except so many of us seem to be absolutely thrilled that we're making such great time (and so little traffic!).   

I don't know what to do with someone willing to formulate a sentence like "I’d rather die hot than live ugly, so if this is going to take ten years off my life, I don’t care." 

We have truly become God's Punch Line.
I just haven't figured out who's sentient enough to be laughing.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...