Monday, August 8, 2022

Cancel Culture Might Really Be Can Sell Culture

To be clear, I do not watch Fox News. If you've stopped by here at any point in the last nearly thirteen years, that's probably not a bolt out of the blue.  

What little I've seen on the few occasions I've caught it (non-Carlson/Hannity timeslots) has convinced me to seek other perspectives elsewhere (here's NOT looking at you, Newsmax, and One America News). That said, if you watch it, I'm fine with that. That's what, as I remember it, freedom OF choice is supposed to be all about.

People who like to organize boycotts of broadcasters, newspapers, businesses, whatever, are in my opinion (and mine only) wasting their breath and time and they're welcome to do that as long as they don't waste mine. Don't like Hobby Lobby's stance on equal rights for all? Neither do I but I'd never encourage anyone else not to shop there because I hate the notion of freedom FROM choice. 

I mention this because early last month (it's already been a month?!?) we road tripped to Virginia to see Michelle and Kyle and then headed south to Florida to see Patrick and Jena. Got to be experts on where not to stay, looking at you Red Roof Inn and Day's Inn, and nice places to call a halt, LaQuinta and Holiday Inn Express as well as imbibed at some fine regional scarfing establishments to include one of my favorites, when I can find it, Cracker Barrel. 

That's why this story stung just a little bit and proves yet again it's never eaten as hot as it's served, 
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...