Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The Seaweed Is Always Greener in Somebody Else's Lake

"About 71 percent of the Earth's surface is water-covered, and the oceans hold about 96.5 percent of all Earth's water. Water also exists in the air as water vapor, in rivers and lakes, in icecaps and glaciers, in the ground as soil moisture and in aquifers, and even in you and your dog." To say nothing, of course, about the horse you rode in on (we are if nothing else, discrete around here).

Even as a kid, when we were heading towards the moon, I wondered, standing on the beach at Gramma and Grampy's summer bungalow in The Highlands (decades before Sandy Hook became a national park and a great travel destination) waving, as Grampy encouraged me to, at people I couldn't see on the other side of the ocean, about what was under the waves. 

I was far too cowardly to ever venture, Lloyd Bridges style, beneath the surface and now I'm too old and frail, but I'm thinking that's why The Harvard of the West, Stanford, has been working on OceanOneK, my new most favorite definition of Special K.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...